Are you a fan of shopping at Kohl's? I am sure you have noticed that Kohl's runs constant promotions. There is no need to pay full price if you can be patient and use Kohl’s coupon codes. Here are 10 shopping tips, strategies and policies to help you to save the most money both in stores and online.
10 Kohl's shopping tips, strategies, and little known facts.....
1. I am not an advocate of using credit cards, but if you shop with a Kohl's credit card, you can take advantage of extra promotions sent to you throughout the year. You can charge your purchases to take full advantage of the discounts, and then pay your bill right at the register with cash or a check to avoid any interest charges!
All Kohl's charge customers receive additional discounts 12 times a year. Kohl's charge customers who spend over $600 a year become MVC's (Most Valued Customers) and receive 6 additional offers. You can read the finer points here and determine if this makes sense for you.
2. Kohl's has a 14-day price protection policy. If you bought the item on sale or at regular price and within two weeks (14 days) of the purchase date, the price of the item was further reduced from the final price you paid, you can get a price adjustment. You can get one adjustment per item, so if the price is reduced further after your price adjustment, you cannot get another one. You must have the original, dated sales receipt. Items bought on clearance markdown, Kohl's Cares, or BOGO (buy one get one free offers) are not eligible for further price adjustments.
3. Kohl's will match competitors' prices at time of purchase. Just bring a copy of the competitor's ad with the current date on it to your nearest Kohl's Department Store. (Make sure the ad includes a description of the item.) This applies to in-store prices and products only, not to Kohls.com pricing or products. For online purchases, call 1-866-887-8884 and have the competitor's information from their website.
4. You can use 2 Kohl's coupon codes online. For example, you may combine a percent-off promo code and a free shipping promo code. However, Kohl's percent-off discounts cannot be combined. To use multiple codes, enter one Kohl's coupon code at a time, and then click apply after each.
5. Sign up for Kohl's emails and get $5 off on the next in-store purchase plus 10% off on your next Kohls.com purchase. Kohl's will send you a quick email to confirm your email address, and you will get your discounts within 7 days of your confirmation.
6. Kohl's offers a senior citizen discount of 15% off every Wednesday for ages 60+. To take advantage of this special discount, you must bring their identification for age verification. The offer is available in-store only. See your local store for more details.
7. Kohl's also has an online clearance center. Here is the link to view those items on clearance. Kohl's - Gold Star Clearance Center.
8. Kohl's Cash – can be used in stores and online.
For every $50 you accumulate in purchases, Kohl’s will issue you a $10 “Kohl’s Cash” code or voucher that can be redeemed at a specific later date on a purchase. Online buyers receive their Kohl’s Cash via email, and in-store purchasers receive it at checkout. Try to combine your Kohl's cash with a sale or an online Kohl's coupon code.
The Kohl’s Cash is usually valid starting the following week and often overlaps with the percent-off discounts for a few days.
To use your Kohl's cash online, go to Kohls.com and enter the 15 digit coupon number and 4 digit PIN number when you checkout and the value of your Kohl’s Cash will come off your order. When redeeming online, there is a limit of 4 Kohl’s Cash codes per order.
9. Kohl's rebates – check this section of the Kohl's website to get current mail-in rebates on popular purchases.
10. If an item is out of stock in-store, you can search inventory and locate the size and color you need online. They offer free standard shipping when an order is placed via the in-store kiosk.