Best of the Web: All About Food

Whether you’re preparing meals for a family of four or you’re dining alone, it usually takes a lot of thought and energy to put food on the table. You have to worry about cost, the time it takes to make it, and how healthy your food is. Several articles hit the Web this week that can give you some great tips on how to stretch your food costs, minimize the time you spend cooking, and make your diet healthier overall. Read on for this week’s Best of the Web: Food Edition.

Easy Lunchbox Solutions

The new school year is just about to start, and if you’re a parent, you’ll need to get ready to stock those lunchboxes. Instead of stressing over what to pack, check out this MomAdvice  article with fantastic suggestions on how to get organized and fun ideas on what to include in their brown bags.

How to Make 10 Freezer Meals in Just One Hour

It can be a pain to make a home-cooked meal every night. So, Money Saving Mom  came up with the idea of making 10 freezer meals at once. It only takes one hour to make enough dinners to last for 10 nights! Follow these suggestions to save yourself a ton of time in meal prep.

5 Tips for Making a Week’s Worth of Salads on Sunday

Along the same vein as the story above, The Kitchn  came up with a list of 5 tips for making a week’s worth of salads at one time. If you prep some fresh veggies and toppings, and place them in separate storage containers, you’ll have plenty of options for the entire week. This strategy is not only time-saving, it’s also a healthy alternative to grabbing McDonald’s for dinner!

5 Ridiculous (But Effective) Ways to Save on Your Groceries

We also recently wrote a piece about unique ways to save on groceries, but The Penny Hoarder  has posted their own helpful list of techniques you can use to lower your food costs. Try out these recommendations, and you could end up seeing a much lower grocery bill.

How Healthy Do You Eat? Take These Steps to Improve Your Diet

It doesn’t matter how much money you save or how fast you can prepare meals if they aren’t healthy to begin with. Take a look at this article by Prairie Eco-Thrifter  to see how healthy your diet is, and then try out their suggestions to improve your eating habits. We especially like the “80/20 rule”: attempt to make 80% of your foods nutritious, and then allow yourself to splurge on less healthy foods the other 20% of the time.

Hope these articles are helpful...now go eat!

By: CouponPal

Similar posts