It’s that time of year when winter squashes abound! Acorn, butternut, and pumpkin are all gourds that are great for grilling but squashes are not just reserved to sauté, sear, and stuff. The often overlooked members of the fleshy family also make for perfect pasta. We at CouponPal have teamed up with Sur La Table to feature our top secret seasonally inspired recipe for winter squash pasta with pesto. Checkout below for the foods, goods, and tools you'll need to make this mouthwatering meal in 5 easy steps.
Winter Squash Pasta with Pesto
Feeds: 4 servings
4 medium winter squash (acorn, butternut, red kuri, or famed spaghetti squash will all work well)
2 cups basil leaves
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Sur La Table Tools:
Sur La Table Snap-Fit Peelers
Sur La Table Prep Bowl Set
OXO Salad Spinner
Sur La Table Square Porcelain Dinnerware Set
1. Use the Sur La Table Snap-Fit Peeler to slowly julienne each squash from top to bottom.
2. Place julienned squash in one of the Sur La Table large prep bowls and set aside.
3. Prepare the pesto: combine the basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic and sea salt in the chef's pick Cuisinart PowerBlend Duet Blender and Food Processor. Pulse until a coarse pesto forms.
4. Carefully toss the squash with the pesto.
5. Divide the squash pasta among four plates from the stylish Sur La Table Square dinnerware collection. Top with cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and serve with a glass of Pinot Grigio or other crisp white wine.
This completely different approach to cold weather comfort food will have your family second guessing and going back for seconds. While Sur La Table gives you the goods to whip up a winning dinner, CouponPal is giving you the ingredients for delicious deals. Take advantage of one of our sizzling Sur La Table coupon codes when you pickup their premium cooking tools today and get ready to savor in the savings.