In the increasingly hybridized worlds of computing, communication, cross-platforming and synchronicity, being able to run Windows and Windows apps on a Mac is no longer a perk or luxury, it is fast becoming a necessity. Can’t PC and Mac users just get along? Thanks to the latest version of Fusion 5, the answer is “Yes, they can.”
In short, it turns your PC into a Mac, or vice-versa, depending on how you choose to look at it. If you’re ready to make the switch, Fusion 5 is the way to go, and booting up that VMWare Promo code will save you money when you take the plunge.
Here’s are some of its features, what they do, and what they enable you to do:
- Installs Windows on Macs
- Supports Retina displays and USB 3.0 in Windows 8
- Improves battery life for laptop Macs
- Easily upgrades from Fusion 4
- Runs PC software with no loss of speed
- Switches between Mac OS and Windows seamlessly, or runs then both side by side
- Smooth migration of PC docs to Mac compatible versions
- Migration Assistant for Windows for a complete transfer of your entire PC to your Mac
- Optimized for Mac OS X Mountain Lion
- 18 months of e-mail support
- 12-month subscription to McAfee VirusScan Plus
We found that Fusion 5 does everything it says it does, and does it well. The interface is very Mac-like, smooth, quick and easy to navigate. It was nice that we could stream Windows programs to HCTV with AirPlay Mirroring, and they looked great on Apple’s Retina display – a program running on a PC never looked so good in its life. If you’re married to Internet Explorer, you can stay married because it’s works like a charm courtesy of Fusion 5. In fact, name a “Windows only” app and VMWare has figured out how to make it sing on a Mac. No small feat.
The war is over so kiss and make up. You can now have the best of all things PC and Mac at the same time, and the grand unifier is named VMWare Fusion 5. Save on your nuptials with a VMWare Promo code and let this binary marriage be blessed and consummated.