Kohl’s Department Stores recently unveiled its new line of Tek Gear athletic apparel and accessories with an announcement that 100 percent of the profits it generates will be donated in the fight against breast cancer. The initiative is part of the Kohl’s Cares program, which since its inception in 2001 has raised more than $231 million for various charities.
Kohl's continues to be a leading corporate sponsor of both the American Cancer Society and the Susan B. Komen Foundation in their mission to educate women about breast health care, the search for a cure, and developing more effective treatments.
Some Quick Facts About Breast Cancer:
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women, except for skin cancers.
- About 12%) of women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime.
- In 2013, nearly 232,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women, as well as 65,000 new cases of non-invasive breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, exceeded only by lung cancer.
- There are currently more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
Death rates from breast cancer have declined since 1990 due to earlier detection, increased screening and awareness, as well as advances in treatments. Although progress is being made in the battle, there is still much to be done. There are many tools for the early detection of breast cancer under study, but more research is needed to determine the role they could play in breast cancer screening. If you or someone you know would like to participate in these clinical trials, speak with your health care provider to explore the options. You can also visit BreastCancerTrials.org for more information.
This latest commitment from Kohl’s will help fund those trials. Their new line of Tek Gear athletic apparel, which features a variety of tanks, tees, shorts, leggings, fleece pullovers and accessories, is available for only $5, $10, and $15 each. Plus, they’ve added extra incentives by offering discounts on your purchases.
These Tek Gear items will be available through November 3rd. To browse the entire collection or to purchase these items online, visit the Tek Gear page at Kohls.com.
If you found this article useful, interesting, or you just like to give advice, tell your friends by sharing via the links at the top of this page.